Laura Spoonie came up with the idea to do this Pick-Me-Up Playlist Tag in the spirit of Mental Health Awareness Week. Be sure to check out her blog. I call her “Wonder Woman” and if you read her blog about mental health and chronic illness, you’ll know why. There’s a good variety of articles, art, and poems so there’s something on her blog for every type of reader.
But seriously though, how cool is a music tag!? All of my posts have a song at the end so I was really excited to incorporate mental health awareness with music.
Here are the rules:
- Link back to ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ creator –
- Tag the blogger who nominated you ⬆️
- Mention how music helps your Mental Health
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be a part of your ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list)
- Tag 10 other bloggers to join in with the ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ Challenge
How music supports my mental health
I listen to music throughout the day. I especially love it in the car when I’m traveling to and from work. The impact on my mental health is hard to verbalize. Seriously, music is so essential that I can’t imagine making it through a day without it. Music enhances my mood. It’s a part of me.
My 10 pick-me-up songs
- “Make it happen” ~Mariah Carey
- In this song, Mariah talks about believing in herself even when facing adversity. (Music video at the conclusion of this post)
- “Walk the line” ~Iggy Azalea
- This is a song about overcoming adversity as well and Iggy talks about trusting in herself and being confident no matter what comes her way.
- “Win again” ~Nicki Minaj
- Sometimes you need that song that tells the world, “F#&k you, I’m phenomenal!”
- “Ex-factor” ~Lauryn Hill
- Every playlist needs that song that puts you in your feels. Here ya go!
- “Best life” ~Cardi B ft. Chance The Rapper
- A theme of overcoming life’s challenges seems to be forming…
- “Nina” ~Ed Sheeran
- Who doesn’t love Ed!? This is my favorite song of his. Never gets old.
- “Ain’t got far to go” ~Jess Gynne
- This is the song that will encourage you to keep on fighting another day.
- “Eyes to the sky” ~Jon Bellion
- I like how this one starts with, “Anxiety dances across my pillowcase…” It resonates with me.
- “Jump hi” ~Lion Babe
- This is my new favorite song. It’s all about confidence.
- “Beauty in the world” ~Macy Gray
- This one always makes me think of the finale of Ugly Betty (it was the closing song). The song is about appreciating the little things in life.
I tag you because I love your blog! No pressure to participate. It’s just to spread some joy and positivity 🙂
- Muted Mouthful
- Alys Journals
- Rachael Hope
- Arrest your Debt
- A Voice from Iran
- The Nerdy Lion
Thanks for reading!
~~If you like the content on my blog, then consider buying me a coffee (decaf, please 😊). Thank you for your support!
~~I’m currently reading 13 Reasons Why, By Jay Asher. Check it out! I’ll post a 25-word book review when I’m finished.
~~I also just finished reading Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison, a memoir by Piper Kerman. Check out my 25-word book review.
~~I’m on Twitter! Follow me @perfimperfect92
~~I’m also on YouTube!
***Each post features a music video that is usually random and seldom relates to the aforementioned topic. I love music and share it as a form of expression. Enjoy!