Happy Friday! I mentioned earlier this week that my job is participating in a 30-day self-care challenge. Today, I’m going to share the 30 days of activities, which begin on August 1st. I will write a short post each day in August to share about that day’s self-care activity. I’d love if y’all could join me in this journey and interact through the comments!
- Watch a Ted Talk and be inspired
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day
- Add something new to your morning routine
- Clean up your social media feeds
- Stretch for 15 minutes (or more!)
- Do something creative
- Research an unfamiliar topic
- Cook a healthy meal
- Practice meditation
- De-clutter a room or workspace
- Practice yoga
- Identify a stressor in your life
- Watch an interesting documentary
- Groom yourself
- Make a gratitude list
- Clean out your email inbox
- Be vegan or vegetarian for a day
- Add something new to your evening routine
- Try something new
- Go for a walk
- Write down the name of someone you need to forgive
- Donate, sell, or throw away three things you don’t use
- Indulge in a luxury.
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Have a no social media day
- Drink at least three cups of herbal or green tea today
- Spend 5 minutes saying positive affirmations about yourself and others
- Do something that you’ve been putting off
- Try a new physical exercise
- Define some short-term goals
I’m very excited to take this challenge and to have y’all join me. Come back next Wednesday for day 1!
As always, thanks for reading!
~~I’m currently reading This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare by Gabourey Sidibe. Check it out! I’ll post a book review when I’m done reading it.
~~I just finished reading F*ck Feelings: One Shrink’s Practical Advice for Managing All Life’s Impossible Problems by Michael and Sarah Bennett. Check it out! I’ll post a book review soon.
~~I’m now on Twitter! Follow me @perfimperfect92