Thank you Ria from The Zinormous Canvas for nominating me for the Liebster award. Prior to being nominated, I was unaware of what the Liebster Award was. A quick google search informed me that it is similar to a chain letter; however, the purpose is to recognize other blogs, to promote them, and to support the blogging community. With that being said, I have chosen to accept the nomination by following the prompts given in the nomination, which are:
- Thank the nominator
- Share 11 facts about me
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
- Ask 11 new questions to the people I will nominate
- Select 11 nominees for the Liebster award
- Let the nominees know about the nomination
11 facts about me
- I’m an introvert that works in a very social profession
- I’m a dog person and have a 3yo Sheprador named Zyon
- A major life goal is to start my own business
- I’ve been to Bosnia
- My favorite album is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and I have tickets to see her 20yr anniversary of that album next month!
- My favorite tv show is Ugly Betty. That’s actually where I learned what a blog was, haha
- My favorite color is green
- I believe life is better with coffee
- I’m a Christian
- I’m a mental health therapist
- I wear bright blue glasses
Answers to the nominator’s questions
1)If you ever get into trouble who’s the one you’re going to call first?
My wife, Rachel.
2)Are you an introvert or an extrovert or an ambivert?
Classic introvert, but I’m an ambivert when it comes to my job.
3) Where will you love to have your dream house?
My wife and I are currently saving to buy a house in Richmond, Virginia, which is where we live. We really want it to be in one of those quaint, tree-lined, old neighborhoods.
4) Describe the person with whom you want to spend your whole life.
My wife, of course. She’s my best friend.
5) Who is/are your favorite author?
6) What’s your favorite book? And your favorite character?
I don’t have a favorite book. I read a lot of memoirs last year by the following: Tyler Oakley, Mindy Kaling, Lauren Graham, and Keke Palmer.
7) If you have got a chance to meet Bill Gates, what’s the first question that you’re going to ask him?
What is the best advice you can give someone planning to start a small business (something you wish you had known starting out)?
8) What’s your dream job?
To be a therapist at my own private practice for mental health.
9) Mountain or sea? And why?
Sea. The beach is peaceful.
10) How blogging has affected your life?
I started my blog to interact with the mental health community and other bloggers. It’s one of my favorite parts of the day.
11) Describe your blog in six words.
Psychology, realistic, user-friendly, collaborative, informative, thought-provoking.
- What is your ultimate career goal?
- Cats or dogs?
- What’s your favorite album?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- How do you want to change the world?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your favorite blog moment or interaction?
- Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
- Best vacation: Cruise ship, mountain cabin getaway, or weekend in NYC?
- Describe your blog in 6 words.
Thanks again for the nomination! For those I’ve nominated, don’t feel pressured to follow up on the nomination. I listed you because I enjoy reading your blog and figured this was a good opportunity to share your writing with others. Take care!